Thursday, October 11, 2012

Coron Underwater


Just when I thought I've seen it all in El Nido, Coron’s rich marine life fascinates me even more. This is indeed a diver’s paradise, with all the colorful fish and vast coral garden, what more could you ask for. My island-hopping buddies and I snorkeled to our hearts' content throughout the day, and this was the part of the island tour I really enjoyed. With all those blue corals glowing right before my eyes, the underwater landscape here is really amazing. This place is a Coral haven. Being underwater is probably the most surreal feeling in the world. I’m enjoying snorkeling a lot but I want more bottom time, so now I’m thinking of taking the open water course. There’s really an amazing world down under and I definitely don’t want to miss all the beautiful underwater scenery.



Thanks to our nice tour guide who took beautiful pictures of me both underwater and above. He really handled my camera like a pro, he even asked me to dive several times so he could take more pictures of me. And there was a point when I just gave up and said “Ok that’s enough.” Haha, I never thought I’d be giving up on picture-taking. I’m pretty sure the cam-whores would be happy to have this guy as their guide. And by the way, I took the P650 package from the El Compass tours, which is just right across the Sea Dive resort. The El Compass guys were helpful and honest, so I have no regrets taking their package tour.



In the afternoon, the water became a bit wavy so it made snorkeling a little bit difficult. There is this skeleton wreck activity that is not part of the island tour. So for extra P100, we went to this Japanese ship wreck site. I asked for this since I haven’t seen any shipwrecks before. And then I realized that it’s quite difficult for me to dive down the wreck as I easily run out of air. I definitely need more practice in skin-diving. Our guide is the dive master for this, so thanks to him for taking a nice photograph of the skeleton wreck. I know there’s a lot more of this here in Coron, and most divers come here for the wreck diving.



It was late in the afternoon and we went back to Coron town, all tired. Nevertheless, I really had an amazing time with the group. My Spanish friend and I agreed to meet again in Kweba bar that evening. I was getting worried about getting back to El Nido then catching the plane back to Manila from Puerto Princesa. I didn't have much time for this travel and the boat schedules were indefinite, the situation was stressing me out.  I just wanted to stay a little bit longer and just relax, so I thought maybe I could figure out another way.

0 comments :