Thursday, October 11, 2012

A Freshwater Paradise - Kayangan Lake


I’m part of a diverse group in Coron’s Island hopping tour. This time I was sharing a boat with a young Japanese couple, a Spanish woman, a Chinese couple and some local women. Everyone was pretty excited to meet each other. The local women were friendly and fun to be with, they were the icebreakers.  We did a little bit of snorkeling during the early part of the tour. Then we took a break from the saltwater and entered another form of Paradise – the Kayangan Lake.



There’s a short hike required to get to the lake. Before we reached downhill, we had taken turns in having a memorable photograph with the picturesque view as the backdrop. And finally we have reached the magnificent Kayangan lake. It is full of life, with all the fish you can easily see above its crystal clear water. If there were no visitors, I could have probably fallen asleep to the lake’s peaceful ambiance and relaxing scenery. Swimming in the silky blue water is like pouring a conditioner all over your body.  There is also a cave right across, and there’s one underwater too. Everything is really amazing here. This was actually the first time I have been in a beautiful lake, and it was a dreamlike moment.



We had our lunch by the lake, with loads of seafood in front of us to fill our appetite. This was also the perfect time to chat with my fellow island hoppers, and this is really a fun group to be with. The Spanish woman and the Japanese couple are my new found friends. And while we were busy chit-chatting, we had an unexpected guest. A local of Kayangan lake who have a criminal history for stealing bananas from the island-hoppers. I didn't give him a chance to steal mine, so I gave my dessert to him.


We left after lunch to continue our island tour. I really had a great time in Kayangan Lake and this is by far the best place I’ve visited in Coron.

0 comments :