Friday, October 12, 2012

Coron And Around


I invited my Spanish friend to Kweba bar. We drank a little and had an interesting conversation with the Swedish and the Kweba guys. I remembered talking about various topics, from love, marriage, history to social problems, that was fun! One of the guys manages Coron Backpacker’s guesthouse not far from Sea Dive and he recommended me to move there. So I woke up early the next day to check first the boat schedule to El Nido. The boat will be leaving Coron on Sunday and I have to leave Puerto Princesa on Monday morning. I was really running out of time so I figured out another way. As the Swedish guy suggested, I would have to try re-booking my flight. However my airline company does not allow that so I thought the best way would be to buy a new plane ticket, from Coron to Manila. The price is cheaper than taking the boat back to El Nido and taking the bus back to Puerto. It’s annoying to take the same long route again. Eventually, the ticket was bought and problem was solved, and I was glad that I could stay in Coron for a little bit longer. I moved out of Sea Dive resort and transferred to Coron backpacker’s guesthouse. It is a little bit cheaper and looks homier. However the moment I heard every little movement outside from my room, I knew I’m going to have some problem here.

I met again my Spanish friend and the local women from island-hopping, and they were inviting me to join them in another island-hopping trip. I felt that for this day I just wanted to relax and just be around the town, so I declined their invitation. My Spanish friend and I went to Sea dive resort to have our breakfast, and we had a nice conversation about our life in general. She was really an interesting person to be with, and I'm glad to meet a similar-minded person.


I was just trying to figure out what to do around the town. So I decided to climb Mt. Tapyas for the day, this is very accessible from the town. I took a short hike up there, it's not really what I was expecting. The climb is not that difficult as there’s already a concrete stairway around. After 700 steps, you’ll get to see a breathtaking view of some of the islands and mountains around Coron. This was a perfect opportunity to be alone with my thoughts, although I've been there for too long now.


I slept for a little bit inside this small cottage in Mt. Tapyas. I woke up to the sound of voices around, and I realized that some people were hanging around there. It was time to leave. 


My Spanish friend and I agreed to visit the Maquinit hot spring in the evening. The tricycle drove us along the bumpy road, the way scared us a little bit. It was already dark and we were wondering if there were still people in the hot spring. And to our surprise, there were still lots of people hanging around. It’s like a wide shallow pool, but with very hot saltwater. With the nice warm water and the nature around, this place is heaven. This is a perfect place where you can go after a long tiring day. Unfortunately I failed to take a good photo as it was already dark in the area. A nice conversation and a bath in the therapeutic water made my day The ambiance is really relaxing, and we stayed here until closing time.

0 comments :