Monday, October 15, 2012

Island Escapades



My Spanish friend and I decided to visit Coron’s Malcapuya and Banana Island. We booked our tour with a different agency, and this is quite an expensive whole day activity. Nevertheless, I knew it’s going to be worth it. I know that a far and inaccessible place is usually the hidden paradise. I wanted to do this final activity as I’d be leaving Palawan the next day. And so we were sharing a boat with two Americans and their Filipina partners, a baby, and the same Chinese couple from our previous island-hopping tour. I know it’s quite strange to see a local and foreigner woman together, because it is not the usual case. The couples were seemed busy with each other, quite a boring group this time.


The islands are really far, but thankfully the weather was fine. We stopped in one of the islands. I'm impressed with the stunning beach, its fine white sand, crystal clear water and some rock formations around. The water is shallow and the corals can be easily seen from the surface. So we stopped here for a moment and did a little bit of snorkeling around.


We stopped in Banana Island for our lunch, and again we have loads of seafood, fruits and veggies.  I was planning to go swimming in the beach when it rained all of a sudden. I knew it’s going to happen as it was already cloudy when we arrived there. So we just cramped inside this small cottage while waiting for the rain to stop.


We arrived in Malcapuya Island a couple of minutes later. This is indeed a hidden a paradise, a picturesque beach with a long stretch of white sand. Snorkeling never gets old, and so off we went to explore the underwater world. However, the weather was quite unforgiving. It rained hard this time. The water was becoming choppy so we ran back to our boat. Because of the baby on board, we headed back to the town right away. I was quite sad, as Malcapuya is really a beautiful piece of heaven. I wanted to stay a little bit longer to savor the nature more. 

This was my final activity in Coron, and the next day it’s back to reality once again. As much as I wanted to remain, it was time to go home. Reflecting back on my past few days in Palawan, I've tried a lot of things I've never done before, visited many heavenly places and met a lot of interesting people. Overall, I’m very much satisfied of my whole adventure. I felt like I've gained experience points and a life level up. I’d be bringing back with me a mind full of long-lasting memories and images of nature’s beauty. 

0 comments :