Wednesday, August 14, 2013

A New Destination


Two months ago I was in my cubicle, thinking of what I can do at the moment, places to go to and the things that I wished could have happened. Impatiently waiting for the right time, the right time for what? To travel? To live? There is only now. I strongly hold on to that. Life becomes shorter everyday.

When I was still working, I just settled for a 3-day or 1-week vacation. Soon I realized, it was just not enough, so I quit. It’s enough. It's time to live. And now I’m still on the road, my longest journey to date. And just now I've decided to give my whole blog a total make over, changing it from lonesome wanderers to transcendental stranger. After all that has happened during my two months of traveling in Indonesia, I consider my whole trip as a one long spiritual journey. Perhaps I’m no longer the lonesome wanderer or one of the lonesome wanderers. I’m the stranger who comes to people’s lives on an epic spiritual journey. I failed to write about my past travel experiences regularly, as I did before when I was traveling in Philippines. I guess I’m changing this blog to a more meaningful personal memoirs of my past travels. I'm not focusing on promoting places anymore,  but I’m still keeping all my past posts here so I could someday look back and see how things have changed and progressed in to something more beautiful and spiritual. This is not a religious thing, which is totally different from being spiritual. This is my own journey towards enlightenment and radical transformation. Now I have more time to reflect as I’m taking my time here in Kuala Lumpur, in this nice beautiful flat of my wonderful host. I guess this is a perfect time to recall the things that I've learned about myself and the people I've met along the way, and put all the meaningful experiences into writing.

I've decided to put the mental noise into writing. You know when you’re alone and silent all the time, but it seems like there’s a party going on in your head. All the different ideas, all the people and all the other things you’re worried about seem to be whirling and dancing around in your mind the whole time. I just want my mind to be still, and dispose everything in to writing. So I can look back and see how my mind has traveled from a one big noisy city to the top of a peaceful and breathtaking mountain, the transcendental state. I’m looking forward to this new destination.

0 comments :