Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Hey Man Nice Shot

Exactly 12 months ago, I visited this Hindu Shrine, 13km north of Kuala Lumpur.  It is popularly known as the “Batu Caves”, one of the must see places in Malaysia.  

I was traveling alone which I've always preferred, as this has given me the advantage of having all the freedom to go wherever and whenever I want - no fuss. I know that some do not find it enjoying as they’d rather be with their friends during their wandering times.   As selfish as it may sound, I'm happier when I’m walking alone, while discovering unfamiliar places on my own. There are many things to be learned when traveling alone, not to mention the people you will meet along the way.

One of the disadvantages of travelling solo is that no one’s going to take your picture, but you don’t want to leave the place without any living evidences that you can show to your friends. Though it’s totally against my personality to just approach anyone, but believe it or not, I've had the courage to do so. I might not come back there anymore so what's the point of being shy. I couldn't believe it myself, but of course I’m very picky, I have to choose a nice-looking person. I hate rejections.

After I had gone to the Cave, I asked this safe-looking guy to take my picture. Without any hesitation he took my newly-bought pink camera (I don’t really like pink, but this is the last model), and then I instructed him to press the small button at the top once.  And here’s the result, tada…


Well obviously the picture was shot the wrong way.  As you can see, the pink camera is reflected in his eye. Well, I didn't want to be rude and laugh at him about this simple mistake, besides I was just asking him a favor. Maybe it was really my bad. I probably failed to give him a clear instruction. He did it right the second time, so I thanked the guy and left the place. Nevertheless, I think this is still a beautiful mistake.

Whoever you are, I still have your picture man!

1 comments :

  1. i've heard of this happening but not seen it - or seen such a need for some medical help. great story and a great memento of the visit

    ReplyDelete